Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ejhardin
Contributor

Log process

Anyone know what " Log_se" process is on a Fortigate 200B. For the last few days is has been killing my CPU, around 85% to 95%.
3 REPLIES 3
Rok_Podgrajsek
New Contributor

Hi, I am experiencing the exact same problem. As far as I have learned " log_se" is the convert process for the disk. The process appeared for me after I had formatted my logdisk and chosen " ok" to the question about converting the log database to SQL. Now I' m at 95% CPU and it won' t stop. When I do a " diag sys top" in cli I can see that there are in fact 11 log_se processes running at this specific moment and for some reason the process is multiplying. As soon as I get an " ok" I am going to kill those processes. Must be a big of some sort with MR3 patch 7.
Rok_Podgrajsek
New Contributor

To give an update. I' m still experiencing the same problem. The log_se processes are still taking 95% of my CPU. I have a ticket with FortiNet and we are investigating the problem. Yesterday I did a reboot of the FortiGate. After restart everything looked great. The log_se process was gone and CPU was down to 15%. But as soon as I turned on logging towards my Analyzer the log_se process reappeared and the CPU went back up to 95%. If I remove the log option the log_se process still runs and it seems that the only way to get rid of it is with a reboot. Not sure what will be the next move, but I' m waiting for a response form FortiNet. ejhardin: What did you do to get your gate functional again?
Victorhermen

Hi. Im getting the same issue, did you get an answer from the Fortinet team? I tried formatting the unit but it always goes at least under 95%. Hope you can help me. Regards
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors