Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mjwhite3
New Contributor

Log number of Wireless Users

Hello,

I work at a public library and I need to begin recording the number of users who log onto our wireless network. This is information that we are required to report to the state government.

I have a FortiGate 90D controller, and I’ve set up logging, and looked through several reports. However,  when I look at the user field, I’m seeing the total number of users (both wired and wireless, public and staff).

I know this is probably a relatively simple thing to set up, after seeing first-hand how many powerful logging features exist.

Can anyone give me some advice about how to collect this information? Do I need to set up a new policy?

Thanks,

-          Matt

EDIT:

I decided to solve this problem by sending the wireless user to a customized portal after they agree to our library's policies. This portal will have Google Analytics code that will keep track of the number of visitors.

If someone can add more information on the Fortigate controller's ability to log this information, it would still be much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
ZeroInterrupt
New Contributor

I too am in need of the same information.  If anyone has a way to do this within forticloud or the analyzer please let us know.

mjwhite3 wrote:

Hello,

I work at a public library and I need to begin recording the number of users who log onto our wireless network. This is information that we are required to report to the state government.

I have a FortiGate 90D controller, and I’ve set up logging, and looked through several reports. However,  when I look at the user field, I’m seeing the total number of users (both wired and wireless, public and staff).

I know this is probably a relatively simple thing to set up, after seeing first-hand how many powerful logging features exist.

Can anyone give me some advice about how to collect this information? Do I need to set up a new policy?

Thanks,

-          Matt

EDIT:

I decided to solve this problem by sending the wireless user to a customized portal after they agree to our library's policies. This portal will have Google Analytics code that will keep track of the number of visitors.

If someone can add more information on the Fortigate controller's ability to log this information, it would still be much appreciated.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors