Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
buboyskie
New Contributor II

Log and report on Fortigate 100E

Hi everyone. I am having a problem regards log and reports and in fortiview I only have now but for 5mins, 1hr and 24 hours I don't have any data?Our FortiTelemetry was unable because of our Forticlient, that is why it always goes to FortiAnalyzer which we don't have one. Any help guys? Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
AtiT
Valued Contributor

Hello,

The FortiGate 100E has no local disk for logging or wan optimalization. That is the reason why you need FortiAnalyzer and I highly recommend it. (Fortigate 101E has local disk.)

So if you do not have local disk on FortiGate you also do not have historical logs and that is the reason why you have the only NOW option in FortiView. In case you have FortiAnalyzer the FortiView can work with it and ask the Analyzer for the results and you will have more options available like 5m, 1hr,... etc.

AtiT

AtiT
buboyskie
New Contributor II

So there are no chances to get data from FortiCloud going to Fortiview?

Fullmoon

buboyskie wrote:

So there are no chances to get data from FortiCloud going to Fortiview?

did you configured it already? if yes, logs should visible and available

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
buboyskie
New Contributor II

No, because we don't have a Fortianalyzer. Any other solutions for this one needs your recommendation. I thought I can use Forticloud going to Fortiview. Thanks in advance.

Fullmoon

create forticloud account (its free) then configure your fortigate send logs to Forticloud. Your fortiview should contains infos coming from your Forticloud.

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
buboyskie
New Contributor II

Fullmoon wrote:

create forticloud account (its free) then configure your fortigate send logs to Forticloud. Your fortiview should contains infos coming from your Forticloud.

We had Forticloud account but because of FortiTelemetry we are unable to disable Fortianalyzer logging and select display logs from FortiCloud. Please see screenshots.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors