Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dimiro
New Contributor

Log WebFilter without fortiguard

Hi guys!

I know that possible to use webfilter without fortiguard, but without any updates etc.. 

In my case, i need log all web traffic, before i upgrade for 5.2.4 version, i´m not able to view webfilter log. Is possible yet?!

8 REPLIES 8
dimiro
New Contributor

Oh God!

After logout and logon this option appeared! 

BUT.. is logging blocked sites only, and the allowed, how do?

Camshaft007

Just to clarify, you are trying to "Log All" sessions and not just "Security Events" correct?  If so then you need to edit your "internet" policy, under "Logging Options" choose "All Sessions".

" The Linux philosophy is ' Laugh in the face of danger' . Oops. Wrong One. ' Do it yourself' . Yes, that' s it." - Linus Torvalds

" The Linux philosophy is ' Laugh in the face of danger' . Oops. Wrong One. ' Do it yourself' . Yes, that' s it." - Linus Torvalds
dimiro

Camshaft007 wrote:

Just to clarify, you are trying to "Log All" sessions and not just "Security Events" correct?  If so then you need to edit your "internet" policy, under "Logging Options" choose "All Sessions".

No.

I wish log all websites visited by one network specific.

Only blocked websites is logging

Camshaft007

Then you need to edit your "internet" policy, under "Logging Options" choose "All Sessions".

dimiro

Camshaft007 wrote:

Then you need to edit your "internet" policy, under "Logging Options" choose "All Sessions".

not have this options "logging options" in my policy.

i´m looking in webfilter option.

Carlos_A_Almeida

Dimiro, at your web filter rule, Fortiguard Categories, select Monitor option instead of Allow option at all categories that you want to log. After some minutes visit web filter log and you will see passthrough logs.

dimiro

Oi Carlos! Agora que vi, é brasileiro tb! :)

Então, eu não tenho a licença do Fortiguard, quando habilito esta opção do Fortiguard ele da um alerta da falta da licença e que pode bloquear todo tráfego.

Carlos_A_Almeida

I'm pretty sure that without Fortiguard all mechanism of log/block/monitor web sites will be disabled.

-------------------------

Opa, sou Brasileiro sim. :)

Então amigo, quase certo que não tem como, pois o mecanismo de bloqueio e log de web filter só ativa com o Fortiguard ativo. Vamos ver se mais alguém responde dando certeza disso ou não.

Abraço e boa sorte.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors