Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Wayne11
Contributor

“Locky” ransomware

Hi guys

I'm definitely not paranoid, but I'm a bit scared of the new "Locky" ransomware. Fortinet has published yesterday a blog post about Locky, but I can't find anything in the AV signature database nor in the IPS for this Locky bastard. Does anyone know which scan engine is able to detect Locky or Dridex?

Thx

Wayne

1 Solution
Carl_Wallmark
Valued Contributor

My old collegue is sitting with a customer as we speak, they got Locky in a word document containing a macro, encrypted 400000 files. He is going to be there all night.... I also want a signature now ;)

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30B
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

View solution in original post

FCNSA, FCNSP---FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30BFortiAnalyzer 100B, 100CFortiMail 100,100CFortiManager VMFortiAuthenticator VMFortiTokenFortiAP 220B/221B, 11C
24 REPLIES 24
mm729p
New Contributor

Does anyone know the update version this was pushed out in?  I am trying to narrow down in our manager the exact signature.  I read somewhere that it was under Application Control, but I was not able to verify it there.  Any help would be appreciated.

hanmyoehtet
New Contributor

Hi all,

I cant find locky.botnet IPS signature in my IPS signature list. The latest update for IPS is 29/3/2016. How can I verify if that signature is installed or not. Thanks.

MrSinners

hanmyoehtet wrote:

Hi all,

I cant find locky.botnet IPS signature in my IPS signature list. The latest update for IPS is 29/3/2016. How can I verify if that signature is installed or not. Thanks.

It's not available in the IPS list, it's listed under Application Control. Choose 'Application Override' within an AC profile and search for Locky.

Fahad
New Contributor III

its under botnet check my screenshot attached

FCSNP 5, JNCIS-FW,JNCIA-SSL ,MCSE, ITIL.

FCSNP 5, JNCIS-FW,JNCIA-SSL ,MCSE, ITIL.
finjoe
New Contributor

Might be an easier way of doing this but here's what worked for me:

[ol]
  • Install letsencrypt on a box with tcp/80, tcp/443 open.

• Temporarily point the DNS A record of your SSL VPN at the box you're going to run letsencrypt on.

• Run letsencrypt-auto -d vpn.yoursite.com and when prompted choose the standalone server option.

• Undo step 2 by pointing your DNS A record back at your SSL VPN IP

• Grab your pems from /etc/letsencrypt/live/vpn.yoursite.com

[/ol]

FortiGate:

[ol]
  • System -> Config -> Certificates -> Import -> Local Certificate. Set type to Certificate. For certificate choose cert.pem and for key choose privkey.pem

• VPN -> SSL -> Settings. Change Server Certificate.

• Repeat process every 90 days

[/ol]

Here is the VPN Encryption Guide if you need any other configuration. 

• Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors