Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rrounds
New Contributor

Locations (Emergency Zones) vs Remote Users

Wondering if anyone has an idea on handling the limited number of locations (caps around 10% of extension count) on FortiVoice PBXs in this day and age of remote workers? During and after Covid, we have about half of our employees in remote locations (usually home). With our PBX capping out at about 1/3 of the needed location count for the number of emergency zones required, why can't this be bumped via firmware? The alternatives are: find another vendor or buy a system larger than necessary from FortiVoice. We've discussed in support with FortiVoice and FortiCall as well as our VAR/sales. Everyone just wants us to buy more of something.

This is directly related to federal compliance with e911 services. We're unable to comply with RAY BAUM’s Act  as it stands. Others must be in the same position.

3 REPLIES 3
Stephen_G

Hello rrounds,

Thank you for your message! I notice you haven't received a reply. I'll ask around and see if anyone can help you.

Kind regards,

Stephen

Stephen - Fortinet Community Team
Stephen_G

Hi rrounds,

Sorry it took so long to get you an answer. It seems we don't have one, unfortunately.

I received the following response:

Basically, we have no real solution, and are not using multiple emergency zones.

We have one or two Fortivoice PABXes per country and one Emergency zone per FortiVoice.

We have no solution in place for remote workers. However, some of the teleworkers are working from different locations every day (home, friends, temporary locations, shared offices etc), which means assigning an emergency zone may not be helpful.

Sorry we couldn't help you more at this time.

Kind regards,

Stephen

Stephen - Fortinet Community Team
rrounds

thanks, your response is much appreciated.

Looks like we're stuck in a federal compliance situation that won't go away, so will likely migrate to another solution in the next few months.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors