Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ACS1
New Contributor

Local internet traffic going through split tunnel

I've got a Fortigate 60F and connecting from a Samsung S22 phone.

I've set up a IPSec tunnel using PSK and IKEV2 and split tunnel. It connects fine, but all of the traffic wants to go through the VPN and not just non-internet traffic that I want. I'm assuming I'm pushing a 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 route somehow, but I don't see where. My local subnet is 192.168.0.0/22 which I have in the "Remote Address" under "Phase 2 Selectors".

Thoughts on what I can check?

12 REPLIES 12
frantvesson101
New Contributor

It sounds like you've got the basics set up correctly. Double-check your routing table on both ends of the IPSec tunnel to ensure there's no unintended route being pushed. Also, verify your firewall rules to make sure traffic is being properly en vivo filtered. You might want to look into specific policies or routes related to the 192.168.0.0/22 subnet. If all else fails, consider reaching out to your VPN provider's support for further troubleshooting. Good luck!

jhonbenz853
New Contributor

Hey, I had a similar issue with my Fortigate 60F and Samsung S22 setup. Double-check the routing settings on the Fortigate, specifically the policy routes and any '0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0' entries. Also, ensure the split tunneling configuration about tech on the Fortigate aligns with your intention. If needed, review the Phase 2 Selectors and confirm your local subnet is correctly defined. Hope this helps troubleshoot.

jhonmike592
New Contributor

It sounds like a routing issue. Double-check your IPSec settings, specifically in the "Phase 2 Selectors" and ensure the local subnet (192.168.0.0/22) is correctly configured. Verify that you're not inadvertently pushing a default route (0.0.0.0/0) in your IPSec configuration, as this could force all traffic through the VPN. Additionally, review the routing betflix club table on the Fortigate 60F to see if any unexpected routes are present. Hope this helps troubleshoot the issue!

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors