Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
naltor
New Contributor

Local Bridge doubts

Hi guys,

I want to create a new WIFI infraestructure without connecting FortiAP directly to Fortigate, those would be connected to a POE switch. I´m thinking about doing it with Local Bridge traffic mode...

I want to create several SSID and depending on which one the user is connected to, send the user to one vlan or another vlan. I´m thinking of creating at least 5 vlans... (I´m not sure if I can create 5 different vlans in the FortiAP)... Of course, I will have a DHCP in those vlans and a firewall to route them...

Can I do that?

Thanks in advanced

3 REPLIES 3
Bromont_FTNT
Staff
Staff

You can just fill out the optional vlan field during SSID config.... you could also create just 1 SSID and have RADIUS assign the vlan for the user based on group membership

naltor

Hi,

Thanks but I need to use Fortigate local users to authenticate wireless users. I don´t have a Radius server...

I want 5 Vlans...

[ul]
  • Guests
  • Corporate-1
  • Corporate-2
  • Corporate-3
  • Corporate-4[/ul]

How can I do that without using a Radius server? Is that possible?

Regards

• ede_pfau

1- assign a VLAN ID to the SSID when creating

There is an upper limit to the number of SSIDs supported by a FortiAP (for many FAPs I think it's 8 - check the Feature Matrix for your model).

Of course, the port the APs connect to the FGT (through switches) needs to be a VLAN trunk. Don't forget to configure the switches.

2- create 5 user groups and assign them to the corresponding SSID.

Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
    Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
    Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors