Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
RolandBaumgaertner72
New Contributor II

Loading Policies is taking really long

Hello,

we have a 300D cluster with 6.0.5. I know that the OS is not longer supported but we really have big problems from management to do updates on critical hosts :(

A good thing though is that if you are running the same OS for more than 2 years you dont expect any big changes ;) But since 1-2 weeks I find that loading the policies is taking very long. We have like 200 policies and never had any problems with that. I checked also with other browsers and it is the same issue.

FGs are fine, normal memory, CPU almost nothing. Also diag sys top doesnt show anything special.

What can we do besides of updating the FGs?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
jintrah_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi,

You can try switching the policy view to display by sequence, may be it helps the browsers to load little quicker instead of sorting the same based on interface pairs.

jintrah_FTNT_0-1677487922181.png

best regards,

Jin

Muhammad_Haiqal

Hi @RolandBaumgaertner72 ,

I understand that you are using same firmware 6.0.5 till now. Somehow, the policy loading longer which is not happening previously.

Some possibilities may related to the network itself. Maybe there are intermittance in the network. Please connect your PC/Laptop directly to the Fortigate and see if there is improvement or not.

Because, this way, we can identify the issue is on the Fortigate level or network level.
PC <<>> Fortigate = OK

PC <<>> Switch <<>>Fortigate = NOT OK
means something happend on the switch level

haiqal
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors