Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MustphaBassim
New Contributor III

Load Balance on Fortigate

Hello Deras

i am setup Virvual server on Fortgate fireall 201F to working on round robin methood but it seems that it is not doing load balance the session is kpet on one server rather than the others Untitled2.pngUntitled.png

any feedback ?

Bests

7 REPLIES 7
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor III

Hello @MustphaBassim ,

When I reviewed your configuration I saw the first server (172.16.1.3) is in disabled status. Can you change the status from disabled to active?

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
MustphaBassim

Hello Dear

i tried to disable / enable but still stuck on the same servers

Best Regards

ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor III

Hello @MustphaBassim ,

Can you check the server health check status? Maybe the server doesn't give a response to the health check package. 

On the dashboard menu, click the + (plus) icon. After that search load balance monitor and check the server status on that page. 

image.png

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
MustphaBassim

Untitled.png

they are up and running but still the same issue

ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor III

Hello @MustphaBassim ,

When I reviewed the screenshot you sent. In my opinion, Fortigate It seems to distribute sessions properly. Because while there are 5 sessions on one server, there are 8 on the other. This seems normal for a little traffic. 

MustphaBassim

Yes i am seeing that also but on the web it only show us one server of them not the UI of the other one

ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor III

Hello @MustphaBassim ,

Fortigate may be doing session persistence. Can you try accessing with a different IP and a different browser?

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors