Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
alganatay
New Contributor

List users with last logon time exceeding specific days on fortigate CLI/GUI

To check policy compliance we need to check all users that has not been logon to fortigate VPN for a given period of time. If there are matching users, they should be disabled. However, I could not find and easy way to see this. The most related one is "diagnose user-device-store user disk query" but unfortunately I could not find related documentation to create the correct query on v6.4.8. The next best match is "diagnose user-device-store user disk list". This time logon time is given as a long number which I could not convert to date for comparison. 

1 Solution
jhussain_FTNT

Hi,

Kindly refer the below document to view the historic SSL VPN user connectivity logs

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-View-historic-SSL-VPN-user-connectivity-lo...

Regards

Jamal

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jhussain_FTNT

Hi,

Kindly refer the below document to view the historic SSL VPN user connectivity logs

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-View-historic-SSL-VPN-user-connectivity-lo...

Regards

Jamal

alganatay

Hi Jamal,

Thank you for the referral. I had already come up with this solution. But as the name suggests, it only gives information about connected users. What I need is to find who did not connect. For a few users, it is possible to do it by hand, but for a couple of hundred users, filtering becomes a nightmare. Therefore I am looking for a solution to find inactive/abandoned users in one shot.

Cheers,

Gokhan

jhussain_FTNT

Hi Gokhan,

Fortigate can provide you the logs for connected users only there is no option to provide logs for non active users.

Regards

Jamal

alganatay

Hello again Jamal,

I wish I had a better way of getting this info. But anyway we are going to make some Excel exercises after all.

Thank you for your interest and reply.

Cheers,

Gökhan

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors