Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kopfarzt
New Contributor

Linux forticlient-cli with enable_local_lan

Hi,

I successfully installed forticlient 7.2.2 on Ubuntu Linux on a server in the AWS cloud. I do not have a GUI there, so I am using the CLI command:

forticlient vpn connect ...

Now, as soon as the VPN is established, I loose the ssh connection to my AWS server. At some other place (https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Impossible-to-access-local-area-network-of...) I read, that I could try to set enable_local_lan to 1 for this connection. But how can this be done with the CLI command?

TIA :)

3 REPLIES 3
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi

It is likely a routing issue, probably a new default route through tunnel is inserted. Try configure split tunneling.

AEK
AEK
kopfarzt
New Contributor

Do you perhaps have a link describing how to do that with the Linux command line client?

TIA

AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Split tunneling is configured at FortiGate level.

Forti FortiClient CLI (Linux), the help is included in the command if needed.

$ forticlient vpn --help 
VPN CLI interface

Usage:
forticlient vpn [command]

Available Commands:
connect     Connect to a VPN
disconnect  Disconnect from VPN
edit        Configure new/existing VPN profile
list        List VPN profiles
remove      Remove VPN profile
status      Print current VPN status
view        View VPN profile

Flags:
 -h, --help   help for vpn

Use "forticlient vpn [command] --help" for more information about a command.

You can still do many cool VPN tests with "fortisslvpn" module embedded in the NetworkManager that comes with Linux. It works very good with FortiGates SSL VPN and you can fix so many routing issues with its configuration features, even if you don't have access to FortiGate.

AEK
AEK
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors