Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
joru
Contributor

Linux VPN with automatic connection

Hello, I have setup a FortiClient SSL VPN on a linux PC, it does connect ok the problem is that it has to be manually started everytime the Linux machine shutsdown or the VPN disconnects (probably due to idle timeout). I would like to know if maybe you have been able to automate a FC SSL VPN in linux. I tried openning a ticket with Fortinet but the final answer was that they didn' t know how and so it was something more on the Linux side of things which I don' t know very much, searching some linux forums and consulting some friends I also tried their suggestion but nothing worked. The command that has to be excuted on boot is: ./forticlientsslvpn_cli --server <server IP address:sslvpn port number> --vpnuser <username> The issue really is that it asks for the password and later for a confirmation and have not been able to pipe it or automatically append this info when asked. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
3 REPLIES 3
Jay_Libove
Contributor

In the most recent Linux FortiClient SSLVPN software, in the GUI client, you can edit a connection profile, including saving a password. (No idea how securely that is done...). Perhaps if you configure the session that way, then later you could auto-launch the client without the need to enter or pipe the password?
joru
Contributor

Ok thanks for the suggestion Jay, I' ll try the GUI profile option and see if it can be used for the autoconnect.
GusTech
Contributor II

else if you use ipsec, take a look at strongswan

Fortigate <3

Fortigate <3
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors