Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Tutek
Contributor

Link monitor status do not work

Hi,

I have in "Automation" configured event "Link Monitor Event" with action email notification, now I have multiple ipsec tunnels with performance sla applied, these tunnel often turn off / tur on but I never get any email notification. Email service is working for sure. How to troubleshoot this?

18 REPLIES 18
Tutek

Hi I have only logs from today morning concerns Network down, I don't know if this is related to ipsec:

Tutek_0-1671100864790.png

For sure I had today ipsec tunnels disconnected.

what command use to list log for ipsec connection down?

funkylicious

You can view from : Log & Report > Events > VPN Events and there identify the IPsec tunnel in question , another option would be from CLI but that's a little too much right now.

geek
geek
Tutek

I see in log that tunnel disconnects, but don't know why:

Tutek_0-1671103278107.png

ESP error like: Received ESP Packet with unknown SPI.

funkylicious

Well, here it's not really an issue with the IPsec tunnel but rather a phase2 one, so in this case the trigger would not have worked.

You would need to investigate those P2 settings at both ends to match.

geek
geek
Tutek

they are configured at both ends using fortigate sd-wan vpn wizard, so they are the same.

Tutek
Contributor

how could i manually trigger an event because I have some events in column "last trigger time" but I never get any emails from Fortigate?

gfleming

You could create a stitch that uses a schedule trigger and just set the schedule for a few minutes in the future...

Cheers,
Graham
Tutek
Contributor

How could I do this?

Tutek_0-1671094044038.png

as you can see "Network down event" was triggered today at 4 AM but I didn't get any email notification.

If I do FGT # diagnose log alertmail test

then I get alert mail so email server is configured properly.

gfleming

See here for schedule triggers: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.2.3/administration-guide/453129/schedule-trigger

Are you using default notification.fortinet.net SMTP server or another server?

Cheers,
Graham
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors