Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
vstefaneli
New Contributor

Link-monitor specific route

Hello everyone!

Is there someway to attach a 'link-monitor' to a specific static route??

The feature "set update-static-route enable" just remove ALL the routes rellated to an interface.

I was looking for something like Cisco track, that you can attach to any static route.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution
packetpusher
Contributor

In essence it is the same as the Cisco track feature. In either way you are monitoring a destination server.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
packetpusher
Contributor

In essence it is the same as the Cisco track feature. In either way you are monitoring a destination server.

vstefaneli

Yes and not, I guess.

Yes, it can monitor a destination IP... (with "link-monitor" on Fortigate, or "IP SLA" on Cisco)

But with Cisco it could attach the "sla/track" individually on each route, but with Fortigate it just remove ALL the routes related to that interface.

This is a problem cause Fortigate is acting as MPLS concentrator in my topology. I need to clear only the routes that are not answering to the "link-monitor" not all routes on that MPLS.

SteveG
Contributor III

Did you ever get an answer to this as I need to do the same thing, remove a single static rather than all statics associated with an interface?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors