Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
cfinn
New Contributor

Link Aggregation for Physical Interfaces with VLAN Subinterfaces

I am in the process of designing a HA environment with four VLANS, two redundant fortigate 200b' s (in NAT/Route mode), and two stacked switches. The Fortigates would serve as the default gateway for each VLAN, with subinterfaces defined for each, and be configured with HA in Active/Passive mode. I would like to integrate a full mesh topology to eliminate single points of failure between the switches and the Fortigates. My question is, is it possible to combine two physical interfaces on the fortigate 200B into one logical interface with VLAN subinterfaces, IE NIC Teaming or link aggregation? Ideally, I' d like to combine interfaces 13 and 14 on each Fortigate and create subinterfaces for each of the VLANs, so I can physically connect each interface to a different physical switch. Is it possible to achieve what I am describing? If NIC teaming or aggregation isn' t an option, what' s the best way to achieve full redundancy with two Fortigate' s and two switches with multiple vlans? Thanks in advance!
14 REPLIES 14
Silver
New Contributor

Any feedback plz
Silver
New Contributor

any feedback plz
Silver
New Contributor

any feedback plz
Silver
New Contributor