Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
gilfalko
New Contributor III

Limiting SSH access from certain IPs

Hey, Is there a way to limit the SSH access to the unit from certain IPs? Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Depending on what you have in mind, you need to configure the Administrative Access for the Interface in question then go into the Admin settings to enable " Restrict this Admin Login from Trusted Hosts Only" then set the IP address(es). You can also set the actual port access for SSH from 22 to some other port under " system>Admin>Settings>Administration Settings>SSH Port" . (For something non-standard or fancy (not advisable) may be look at " config firewall local-in-policy" .)

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
gilfalko
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply dave! This might just work out for me. I have a handful of admin accounts. I guess I' ll have to limit them all then. Thanks alot!
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

I mentioned the local-in-policy thing because one of our clients requested that we block an entire country from attempting to connect to the their fgt, but personally I don' t like putting something like that in because a setting like that may be easily missed in troubleshot admin connection issues.

gilfalko
New Contributor III

Dave, in my case I need to grant access for our Nagios server from outside in order to run some Event Handler scripts on the forti unit. I' d like to grant just this user the access and specifically from the Nagios server address. But this might come in handy someday afterall. btw, Is " China-Country" a pre-saved variable?
rickards
New Contributor

It is and Firewall Adress that is based on GEO IP with China as country with an arbitrary name.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors