Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Dharr22
New Contributor

License for Fortigate to be managed by FortiManager & FortiAnalyzer

Hello, I would like to purchase FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer physical hardware. I will be adding 4000 units of Fortigate into the FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer. 

Does the Fortigate requires any license in an order for it to be managed by FortiManager and get reports from FortiAnalyzer? 

Please advise. Thank you. 

1 Solution
amouawad
Staff
Staff

No licensing is required on the FortiGate side for it to be managed by a physical FortiManager appliance, or send logs to a physical FortiAnalyzer appliance.

Just be sure to get FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer models that will support your device number and logs requirements.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amouawad
Staff
Staff

No licensing is required on the FortiGate side for it to be managed by a physical FortiManager appliance, or send logs to a physical FortiAnalyzer appliance.

Just be sure to get FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer models that will support your device number and logs requirements.

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I think all those FGTs need to have at least a support contract to be able to upgrade FGTs through FortiManager. That's what we were told for FMG-VM, which I assume the same with hardware FMGs.

Toshi

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors