Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Adam_L
New Contributor

/Library/Application\ Support/Fortinet/FortiClient/bin/fcconfig reports finished but nothing ...

This is my first attempt to Mass Deploy / Silent install FortiClientVPNSetup on macOS and Windows 10, including mass deploying the VPN connection profile/configuration

in our attempt to the specific issue, I am dealing with is that the macOS fcconfig reports finished but nothing

/Library/Application\ Support/Fortinet/FortiClient/bin/fcconfig -m vpn -f vpn.conf -o export 

InstallFortiClient.sh (the provided script which which downloads, uninstalls, reinstalls)

/Library/Application\ Support/Fortinet/FortiClient/bin/fcconfig -m vpn -f /tmp/vpn.conf -o importvpn

reports finished but doesn't have anything loaded

yet the same vpn.conf imported via the GUI XML > import XML config works without issue

adding the -d flag doesn't show any additional output

cat /Library/Application\ Support/Fortinet/FortiClient/Logs/servctl.log

shows:

20220928 12:41:09.619 [servctl:INFO] FCTServiceController:104 received register request from servid 32 (fcconfig) with pid 7616. Total registered services = 6

These are on Apple Silicon devices in case that matters

Any suggestions?

-Adam

4 REPLIES 4
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Adam,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Adam,

Waiting for a solution, could you please have a look into this document?:

https://fortinetweb.s3.amazonaws.com/docs.fortinet.com/v2/attachments/27e8662a-a216-11eb-b70b-005056...

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Adam_L
New Contributor

I've read to doc - nothing specific jumps out about an issue using the fcconfig - additionally, this is the release docs for 7.0.0 versus 7.0.7.

In the end, another community outside of Fortinet lead me to the workaround of copying the list which appears to work without issue.  cp vpn.plist "/Library/Application Support/Fortinet/FortiClient/conf/"

I was glad to have a workaround after extensive troubleshooting of the fcconfig

MercyV
New Contributor

Good day,

Where did you find the vpn.plist ,l can't seem to find it here /Library/Application Support/Fortinet/FortiClient

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors