Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
vladdar
New Contributor

Layer 2 LACP bonding

Hello, is it possible to create LACP port-channel against Cisco nexus extenders ?

I need to create layer 2 port-channels as trunks and carry different VLANs.

This is my design:

2 uplinks, each to different extender -this will be in WAN vlan

2 more uplinks, each to different extender - this will be LAN - need to carry more vlans

When I created aggregate interface, nexus shutdown member ports with warning that no LACP BPDUs have been received...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

What code are you running? I believe vPC support on extenders have been available in  the latest NX-OS  for a host and same extender,  but I think you need to look at the NX-OS extender type and switch-type  that's uses for across extenders. This would be a enhanced vPC configuration for server and data centers.You should really ask this in  the cisco forum since the support and requires are a cisco requirement.

But I would check the  switch and fex type and NXOS, but etherbundle across  extenders are doable.

btw; i believe the 35xx don't support this,  and you will need to be on hardware of a 7k or 5k series

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
vladdar
New Contributor

cisco Nexus 5596

version 6.0(2)N1(2a)

vladdar

nexus32-RD5# show lacp counters interface port-channel 6                     LACPDUs         Marker      Marker Response    LACPDUs Port              Sent   Recv     Sent   Recv     Sent   Recv      Pkts Err --------------------------------------------------------------------- port-channel6 Ethernet102/1/35   209    0        0      0        0      0        0 Ethernet103/1/35   208    0        0      0        0      0        0

well I think that the problem is with fortigate, since I am not receiving any LACP PDUs

I don't know how to configure port channel on fortigate properly...

vladdar

nexus32-RD5# show lacp counters interface port-channel 6                     LACPDUs         Marker      Marker Response    LACPDUs Port              Sent   Recv     Sent   Recv     Sent   Recv      Pkts Err --------------------------------------------------------------------- port-channel6 Ethernet102/1/35   209    0        0      0        0      0        0 Ethernet103/1/35   208    0        0      0        0      0        0   well I think that the problem is with fortigate, since I am not receiving any LACP PDUs I don't know how to configure port channel on fortigate properly...

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Okay so what do you have configured at the host level? And do you have any lacp  pcap captures?

Also did you try the " no lacp suspend-individual "  command  on the member ports? You can also monitor the lacp counters for control packets between host and FEX and/or debug lacp error

(e.g)

"show lacp counters interface port-channel xxxx"

NOTE: It might be in that NX-OS software code and switch,  but it's doesn't exist in a 3548 so I can't confirm for your model.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
vladdar
New Contributor

nexus32-RD5# show lacp counters interface port-channel 6                     LACPDUs         Marker      Marker Response    LACPDUs Port              Sent   Recv     Sent   Recv     Sent   Recv      Pkts Err --------------------------------------------------------------------- port-channel6 Ethernet102/1/35   209    0        0      0        0      0        0 Ethernet103/1/35   208    0        0      0        0      0        0   well I think that the problem is with fortigate, since I am not receiving any LACP PDUs I don't know how to configure port channel on fortigate properly...

rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

What FGT hardware are you running on?

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
vladdar

oh, I didn't mention it. Sorry, my bad.

It's Fortigate 200D

Firmware Version v5.2.4,build688 (GA)

vladdar
New Contributor

solved

reboot of the FGT was the solution

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors