Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dfartigle
New Contributor

Lan speed incorrect

I manage a FortiWifi 61e with two connections over LAN and one over WAN.

What prompts me to ask a question here is that in one of the LAN connections the speed is at 100mb / s instead of 1gb / s.

Cables with category 6 and the switch to which the Fortigate is also connected to 1GB.

When connecting a computer to the cable that connects to the Fortigate it marks speed of 1gb / s and all the equipment that I have connected to the switch mark speed of 1Gb / s

Do you know why that LAN connection is not connected to 1Gg / s?

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi

Since it settled in with 100M, likely the switch side has 100M hardset. Until you change on the switch side, nothing you can do to come up with 1GE on FGT side. If you hardset 1GE no-negotiation on the FGT, the port won't come up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Likely the port on the switch connected to the FGT 1GE port is not configured properly (auto-negotiation). FGT's default is "auto". Check the config.

dfartigle

Thanks for your answer.

How do I configure so that I do not negotiate?

In the switch I can not find the way to access and in the manual it does not indicate anything.

Toshi_Esumi

Since it settled in with 100M, likely the switch side has 100M hardset. Until you change on the switch side, nothing you can do to come up with 1GE on FGT side. If you hardset 1GE no-negotiation on the FGT, the port won't come up.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors