Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
neilb
New Contributor

LDAP auth for administration when using VDOMs

Hi all,

I'm after a bit of guidance trying to get admin authentication working with LDAP when running VDOMs. I've got an LDAP server set up in the root VDOM which tests successfully. I've also got a group set up in the root VDOM pointing at an AD group, so far so good. But then under Global, trying to add a new admin user using a remote server group, it doesn't display any groups available. Should it be showing my group from the root VDOM in here, or am I missing something?

Thanks for any assistance!

4 REPLIES 4
Jeff_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Choose Vdom firstly, it will list "user group" in that VDOM.

"set vdom root"

neilb

Thanks for the reply. Could you elaborate on this please as I'm not sure I'm following? I have the LDAP server created in the root VDOM, along with a group of type 'firewall' pointing to the LDAP server and an AD group (all in the root VDOM). But under the global->system->administrator settings, adding a user there and selecting 'match a user on a remote server group' there are no groups showing in the 'remote user group' list.

carlosfd
New Contributor

Hi Neil,

Did you ever get this working? Hitting the same issue now. Haven't done much research but a quick Google led me here so hoping you did manage to!

Cheers

neilb
New Contributor

In the end I rebooted the firewalls and it started showing the groups correctly. Hope that helps you!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors