Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
5q46n2te8jPWJY
New Contributor III

Kernel panic Fortimanager VM on XCPNG

Hi,

I'm trying to import FortiManager (Xen Server fork) appliance on my XCPNG with XOA. Appliance imported successfully, but when I start the VM, I have a Kernel Panic.
2024-05-23 09_50_51-FortiManager-VM64-XEN (XCPNG-CHG-01) et 1 page supplémentaire - Travail – Micros.png
I tried to another host, and another storage, no luck... I also tried a older version of FortiManager VM without success

Do you know about this problem ?
1 Solution
5q46n2te8jPWJY
New Contributor III

It's OK, I increase CPU (default 1CPU, change to 2CPU) and RAM (default 512M, change to 4GB)

VM is running :)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @5q46n2te8jPWJY ,

FortiGate images are packaged to contain drivers specific to each system.

XCPNG may be using different virtual hardware. For this reason, there may not be drivers compatible with this hardware in the FortiManager image. I think this will be the cause of the kernel panic error.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
5q46n2te8jPWJY
New Contributor III

It's OK, I increase CPU (default 1CPU, change to 2CPU) and RAM (default 512M, change to 4GB)

VM is running :)

ozkanaltas

Hello @5q46n2te8jPWJY ,

Good information. Thank you for sharing with us

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors