Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
OwenW
New Contributor II

Just finished installing FortiClient w EMS to several thousand users, mixed OS.

This installation was oof.. a lot of work. Love the product, particularly since 7.0.6., but multiple features started out by Not Working As Advertised. The feature parity between Windows (Best) and MacOS (Many features behind/missing) is poor, which leads to a two-tier solution at best. Have a few on Linux even. Webfilter works really well, including sub-links. 

With FC/EMS at 7.0.6, multiple FGs and VPNs using SAML. Using every module except the MW USB filter, which I think is close to being ready. AppFirewall is close.

Keeping in mind that this a Fortinet forum, let's keep it positive, but ask anything technical or general and I will do my best to respond, which I think will help the community, as honest, constructive feedback leads to more confident adoption.

2 REPLIES 2
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Owen,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Cajuntank
Contributor II

I'm interested in your thoughts on the macOS client and it's deployment and connectivity to EMS? I had a larger implementation of EMS a year or two ago where for several thousand Windows PCs and MacBooks (mostly MacBooks). Never had any issue with the Windows client and originally, had no issues with the macOS client until version 6.x. Once it got to version 6, I had nothing but issues with constant client disconnects from EMS and some of the security properties causing issue with AirPlay and AirDrop. Since I'm a K-12 public school district, there was no way the student was going to connect back to EMS willingly...LOL. And there was not at the time, any way to script or automate that connection back to EMS. Overall, I felt FortiClient and macOS was still not ready for prime time, but always trying to keep abreast of its (hopefully) maturity.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors