Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ilirveliu
Visitor

Issues with FortiClient 7.0.0 on Windows 7 - VPN and Internet Connection Problem

Hi,

I am currently experiencing issues with FortiClient version 7.0.0 and FortiClient version 6.4.9 installed on a Windows 7 machine. A group of users is configured to not have internet when connection to vpn. On one of them, when I connect to the VPN, it allows both VPN and Internet connections simultaneously, which should not be happening. This user is on the same group with others. I’ve tested the same user on another PC, and it behaves correctly, not allowing the Internet connection while connected to the VPN, so I am confident this is not a firewall issue.

1 REPLY 1
funkylicious
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi,

Is it possible that on that station there are some static routes configured manually that allows internet access ?

Maybe have a look at the route print -4 command from CMD on the PC and see what routes FCT actually installs on the client workstation after the connection and what is available normally w/o being connected.

When is he accessing the Internet is he using the public IP of the FGT that acts as a VPN or it's home line, testing using https://www.whatsmyip.org/ ?

---------------------------
geek
---------------------------
---------------------------geek---------------------------
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors