Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Martin_Hancock
New Contributor II

Issues with DHCP Relay following upgrade to 7.4.3 on 40F and 7.4.2 on Fortiswitch 124F

Hello

I have recently upgraded my Fortigate 40F unit to 7.4.3 and associated Fortiswitch 124F connected with Fortilink to version 7.4.2

Ever since i have done this my DHCP relay no longer works.  DHCP from the Fortigate interfaces work fine but when i enable DHCP relay there is no DHCP response and i cannot see any DHCP traffic being forwarded to my DHCP server.  I can ping my server with no issue.

Any assistance would be helpful.

21 REPLIES 21
AEK

Hi Martin

Did you check if there is DHCP snooping on the switch?

AEK
AEK
Martin_Hancock
New Contributor II

DHCP snooping is turned off at the VLAN level.  How do i check it at the switch level?  The switches are connected via fortilink

AEK

At VLAN level you find it under "config switch vlan".

At port level you find it under "conf switch interface".

AEK
AEK
Martin_Hancock
New Contributor II

I’ve checked that and I can’t find anything referring to DHCP snooping

AEK

Hi Martin

What is FortiSwitch firmware version?

AEK
AEK
Martin_Hancock
New Contributor II

HI @AEK 

7.4.2 on my switching

AEK

Sorry you've already mentioned it before.

So, I think you said you are doing DHCP relay through FSW over VLAN (I understand trunk port), right?

If so, and if you like troubleshooting, I'd suggest to test the same but over an access port.

AEK
AEK
Martin_Hancock
New Contributor II

I am testing with an access port.  My switches are connected via Fortilink

jsauer
New Contributor II

I'm having a similar issue with DHCP relay and 7.4.3 (was .2, upgraded and issue still there). I'll be downgrading to 7.2.7 tonight to test and can report back my results tomorrow when I'm in the office again.

Martin_Hancock
New Contributor II

Hi @jsauer 

Do you have forti switches as well?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors