Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kaika313
New Contributor

Issues connecting to remote SSL VPN connected client

Hi,

we're using a FortiGate 100E (v6.0.2 build0163 (GA)) with SSL VPN configured. Remote clients are assigned the entire 10.0.95.0/24 subnet while LAN 192.168.1.0/24 subnet.

No troubles for the remote subnet to access the internal LAN but cannot find a way to make internal LAN access SSL clients. I've tried to set a specific policy to enable traffic from LAN to SSL subnet but it seems to be ignored. Also, the route isn't correct because if I make a tracert from an internal LAN device pointing to a remote client it seems that the FortiGate sends the packet to the outside instead of redirecting them to the remote client through the tunnel interface. What I am missing? 

Thank you

This is the policy that I tried:

Schermata 2023-02-15 alle 11.24.48.png

1 Solution
gfleming

Bugs happen. It could be you are hitting one. 

Without support you cannot talk to TAC nor can you run a supported FortiOS version. Right now you are exposing yourself to a lot of risk from a vulnerability, functionality and accessibility standpoint. 

Please get support renewed on your Firewall and get it updated ASAP.

Cheers,
Graham

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
amouawad
Staff
Staff

Could you try enabling NAT on the LAN > SSL policy and test again?

kaika313

Also tried this, but it's not working

gfleming
Staff
Staff

You're running end-of-support FortiOS code on that Firewall. Strongly suggest you first upgrade to something supported (6.4 at least, 7.0 ideally). 

Then if the problem persists we start troubleshooting again.

Cheers,
Graham
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors