Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bl1k00
New Contributor II

Issue with FortiClient on Debian 12 - Keytar Error & VPN Disconnecting

Hello,

I recently installed FortiClient on my Debian 12 system. I tried both installing the `.deb` package directly and using the repository method. While the installation process completes successfully in both cases, I'm encountering a couple of issues:

1. Keytar Error with Root Access: When I try to open FortiClient VPN with root access, I receive a "keytar error" message. However, this error does not appear when I open the application with a regular user account.

2. VPN Disconnects Immediately: Regardless of the user account used to open FortiClient, the VPN connects but then immediately disconnects.

Has anyone else experienced these issues? Are there any known fixes or workarounds? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

FortiClient#

2 REPLIES 2
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello

I guess you mean FortiClient VPN, not FortiClient.

In case you installed version 7.4.0, try install 7.2.4 or 7.0.13 instead, they should work without issue.

AEK
AEK
bl1k00
New Contributor II

Already Tried but not working 

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors