Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
StevenT
New Contributor III

Issue occur when link fortigate to fortimanager

Hi,

I had saw a quite a lot on the guide to solve. But I had tried on the method but it is still failed.

I can manually add the device and I can authorize the unit, both method can work.

But we try manually add, once added and it will be stuck at the section and failed (see image below).

Need some advice on it.

Below is the issue.

FGT201F is on 6.4.9 (upgrade from 6.4.4)

FMGR is on 6.4.9

FGT is not an internet-facing unit.

Status: reloadconffail|datasrc invalid. object: dnsfilter profile ftgd-dns filters.24:category. detail: 96. solution: datasrc invalid

14-12-2022 12_07-Window-000521.jpg

1 Solution
gfleming
Staff
Staff

Please review this document as it relates to your issue most likely.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiManager/Technical-Note-FortiManager-error-datasrc-invalid-obj...

The doc references webfilter profile but in your case it is DNS filter profile. Look for category 96 on your FortiGate config and see if you can remove it.

Cheers,
Graham

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gfleming
Staff
Staff

Please review this document as it relates to your issue most likely.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiManager/Technical-Note-FortiManager-error-datasrc-invalid-obj...

The doc references webfilter profile but in your case it is DNS filter profile. Look for category 96 on your FortiGate config and see if you can remove it.

Cheers,
Graham
StevenT
New Contributor III

Hi Graham,

This is the guide I had to follow previously.

delete the authorise unit in the fmgr.

remove the necessary and re-add into fgt via the CLI.

And re-add it in manually.

But the result is still the same. It will still stuck at the same.  with the same error status.

is it possible due to the firmware 6.4.9? Should I downgrade FGT to 6.4.8?

thank you

gfleming

Can you clarify exactly what you removed from the FGT config? Was it DNS filter profile ID 24 referencing category 96?

Cheers,
Graham
sw2090
Honored Contributor

hm I ran in to this some times too. Still the FGT had been added to FMG though and I could retrieve the config from it and reimport the Policy package in FMG Devicemanager. It worked fine from them on.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors