Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Dsallago
New Contributor

Issue booting a PC over the network

Hello community, I recently replaced a SonicWall with a FortiGate 100F in my SCADA network. The problem is that I have Site-A connected to Site-B via a VPN, where I have a ThinClient that needs to connect to the ThinManager server in Site-A and pull the configuration. The ThinClient's PC has a static IP, and when it tries to connect to the server, I see that the packets are being dropped. I've tried everything! I even contacted support, but they can't find an explanation... Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello

Can you explain where exactly do you see the packets are being dropped?

Which type of packets is being dropped? Is it multicast?

Can you share a screenshot of these dropped packets?

AEK
AEK
Dsallago
New Contributor

Hi, of course.

10.100.100.50 is my thinclient,  Every time the ThinClient displays "Connecting to the server," I lose the connection.packet droop1_TC.png

packet droop2_TC.png

10.100.100.1 is my FW. When have a packet drooped on the thinclient...Don't see packet drooped in my FW.

I used WireShark to monitor the traffic, but the strange thing is that I don't see any requests or traffic between the ThinClient and the server, other than ICMP.

Thks

Dak

AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi Dak

I saw similar issues caused by bad network cable. In my experience this is the most likely cause of such issue.

Try to detect which cable is causing the issue then replace it.

AEK
AEK
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors