Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fchowdhury
New Contributor II

Issue after Fortimanager Upgrade

Hello Team,

I have upgraded the FortiManager to 6.4.11 and we have fortigate firewalls with version 6.2.12 and 6.4.8.

After the upgrade when I go to create new rules Insert Above or Insert Below in fortigate firewall running 6.4.8 I get the below error message.

firewall/policy/509: logtraffic cannot be set to utm when policy action is deny.

Interestingly Policy 509 doesn't exist.

But the firewall with version 6.2.12 doesn't have any issue.

It seems to be a bug affecting fortios version 6.4.x

Anyone can confirm if it's a bug or how do I resolve the issue.

Thanks

1 Solution
fchowdhury

This is to inform that this behavior is a bug in FortiManager Version 6.4.11 and 7.0.6. The bug is fixed in FortiManager Version 7.0.7 as per the release notes.

Bug ID 889563

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gfleming
Staff
Staff

Sounds like a bug. But if you're absolutely certain you do not have policy ID 509 on your FortiGate you could try running a script on the policy package in FortiManager to delete policy ID 509

config firewall policy

delete 509

Cheers,
Graham
fchowdhury
New Contributor II

Hell Graham,

It doesn't help... Also noticed the same with Fortimanager running 7.0.6 version and Fortigate Firewalls running 6.4.6.

Seems to be issue with all Firewalls running FortiOS 6.4.x

Thanks

gfleming

I would suggest talking to TAC then.

Cheers,
Graham
fchowdhury
New Contributor II

Ok sure.

Thanks

fchowdhury

This is to inform that this behavior is a bug in FortiManager Version 6.4.11 and 7.0.6. The bug is fixed in FortiManager Version 7.0.7 as per the release notes.

Bug ID 889563

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors