Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Marco_Ziviani
New Contributor

Issue VPN SSL portal

HI all, i' ve a strange issue with the ssl vpn. on a cluster of forti200b i' ve setup the vpn ssl, on the first release of the FortiOS 5.0 when trying to access from a browser to https://ipfirewall:10443 i get prompted for the cert and then i got an error 400. Soon the new firmware was released the issue disappear. Now the firewall are all updated v5.0,build0147 (GA Patch 1) but the issue come back. i' ve read that maybe a restart could fix this issue but it' s not good in the middle of the day ; ( anyone has experienced the same issue ?? regrds Marco
15 REPLIES 15
discoveryit
New Contributor

Known issue in 5.0.1.. Wait for the next build.
FCNSP
FCNSP
Marco_Ziviani

i hope the issue will be solved, even in the first realase of the FortiOS 5 the VPN Ssl was not working fine. regards Marco
husky
New Contributor

Hi, we' re experiencing the same behaviour. Last week we updated our 200B from 4.0MR3 Patch 12 to v5.0,build0147 (GA Patch 1). SSLVPN worked fine for approx. 5 days, now no one is able to login to the portal, neither via WebPortal, nor via FortiClient SSLVPN. Too bad,we have 9 VDOMs up and running, so rebooting is not really what I wanted to hear Isn' t there a way of restarting SSLVPN daemon only?
Silver
New Contributor

Hi, Can you paste your vpn vpn config
jpierre
New Contributor

Known issue in 5.0.1.. Wait for the next build.
We are also experiencing the same problem. The problem seems to be occuring as the ' wad' process is consuming too many resources. To get past I either, restart the Fortigate or restart the ' wad' process using the following process: 1. Login to console 2. run ' diag sys top' and get the process ID for ' wad' 3. run ' diag sys kill 11 <pid>' The problem seems to reoccur after 24 hours or so and keeps reoccurring and will often require a reboot of the whole device. FYI - We are on a 200B with 5.0.1 - Extremely disappointed with the 5.x releases thus far. We' ve had numerous proxy authentication issues (to the point we have disabled authentication) and this SSL error. 5.0.1 has been out for some time now and considering this is a known problem the fact there is no patch is pathetic. Lift your game Fortinet.
husky
New Contributor

We decided to downgrade to 4.0MR3 Patch 12, cause we can' t afford to have recurring SSL-VPN problems. SSL-VPN works fine now. Gladly we only use basic features, so there' s no reason for using unstable 5.0.
ITHCK
New Contributor

Hi all, I get the same problem, no VPNSSL, no access to portal until reboot of the box after that it works again for 2 or 3 days and need a reboot again !! We need a fix to this problem, seems that a lot of people get the same issues. thanks !
DemetrioMello
New Contributor

Same problem here after upgrading to V5.0. I was talking with a Fortinet engineer just yesterday and he said that the next patch is expected for the next week. Hope to see it released soon.
ITHCK
New Contributor

The patch has been released today
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors