Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ctyctyctctcty
Visitor

Issue Resolving DDNS Hostnames on FortiGate 60F with IPv6

Hi everyone,

I'm using FortiGate version 7.4.4 and have configured DDNS with FortiDDNS on three devices: two FortiGate 40F units and one FortiGate 60F. The WAN interfaces on all devices use IPv6, and each device has been configured with FortiDDNS using different domain names.

Here’s the issue I'm facing:

~The two FortiGate 40F units are successfully obtaining and resolving their IPv6 addresses using DDNS.
~The FortiGate 60F, however, is not able to resolve its DDNS hostname, returning a "non-existent domain" error.
~The strange thing is, when I use diagnose ipv6 address list on the 60F, I can see that the WAN interface has a proper IPv6 address, and it can be pinged successfully.

~All three devices have the same DDNS configuration except for their unique domain names.

Any ideas on what might be causing the 60F to fail while the 40F devices work fine? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
ctyctyctctcty
Visitor

After specifying the IPv6 settings for the DDNS server, the issue was resolved..

Atul_S
Staff
Staff

Hi There,

Yes, the below doc explains the new feature for DDNS.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.0.0/new-features/673229/fortigate-as-an-ipv6-ddns-cli...

Thanks

Atul Srivastava
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors