Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
petertalen
New Contributor II

Is this possible?

Hi,

I want to connect thru the Fortinet Client (sslvpn) on my iPhone and direct all traffic thru the Fortinet 60E to the Internet. Is this possible? If so, is there somewhere a working example? The manual is not quite clear in this.

Thanks,

Peter.

1 Solution
Yurisk
Valued Contributor

Config looks fine.  Worth enabling All Sessions log on the rule ssl.root -> wan1 to see if everything passes as expected and NAT is being done as well. Another thing to check is DNS - may be your resolving does not work with current config, worth setting Specify and say 8.8.8.8 .  If all this of no help, next is doing sniffer on FGT diagnose sni pa any 'host <IP of server on the Internet you are trying to reach>' 4, to see if packets are leaving via wan1. 

Yuri https://yurisk.info/  blog: All things Fortinet, no ads.

View solution in original post

Yuri https://yurisk.info/ blog: All things Fortinet, no ads.
15 REPLIES 15
CristianWade
New Contributor

Routing all traffic through a policy-based VPN

At the FortiGate dialup client, go to Policy & Objects > IPv4 Policy. Select the IPsec security policy and then select Edit. From the Destination Address list, select all. Select OK. 

Stephan3tha
New Contributor

@petertalen wrote:

Hi,

I want to connect thru the Fortinet Client (sslvpn) on my iPhone and direct all traffic thru the Fortinet 60E to the Internet. Is this possible? If so, is there somewhere a working example? The manual is not quite clear in this.

Thanks,

Peter.

Ensure that both Forticlient VPN and Windows 11 are updated to their latest versions. Sometimes, software updates can address compatibility issues and provide bug fixes. Reach out to Forticlient's customer support or consult their official documentation for any known issues or specific instructions for running the VPN software on Windows 11 version 22H2. If the problem persists, consider trying alternative VPN software that is known to be compatible with Windows 11 version 22H2. There are several reliable VPN providers available in the market.
petertalen

I am asking for ios and fortinet 60e, so I am wondering why you are mentioning Windows 11. Nevertheless, thanks for your input

Dustindepp
New Contributor

To connect through the Fortinet SSLVPN client on your iPhone and direct all traffic through the Fortinet 60E firewall to the Internet, you need to configure SSL VPN on the firewall. Install the Fortinet SSLVPN client from the App Store on your iPhone and configure the SSLVPN connection settings, including the SSLVPN portal address and your authentication credentials. Once configured, initiate the SSLVPN connection from your iPhone. To ensure all traffic is directed through the Fortinet 60E, enable the "Full Tunnel" or "Force All Traffic" option in the SSLVPN settings on the firewall. Please consult the Fortinet documentation or seek assistance from your organization's IT department for specific instructions based on your firmware version and configuration requirements. 

petertalen

It was already solved, but thanks

Hassampc
New Contributor

Yes, it's possible to use the Fortinet SSL VPN client on your iPhone to direct all traffic through the Fortinet 60E to the internet. This is typically achieved by configuring the SSL VPN connection in "Full Tunnel" mode. While I can't provide specific configuration details, you can achieve this by setting up the SSL VPN on your Fortinet 60E to route all traffic from the connected clients through the VPN tunnel. Consult the Fortinet documentation or support for step-by-step guidance on configuring Full Tunnel mode for SSL VPN connections. Visit DouWan 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors