Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
horinius
New Contributor

Is there any list of available firmwares for Fortigate 80c?

Hello, I have a Fortigate 80c. I' ve spent already quite some time searching Fortinet' s support and knowledge base but it seems there' s nothing matching what I' m looking for. I' m looking for the list of available firmwares for this device, Fortigate 80c. Or at least the latest firmware. By the way, is there any newsletter or mailing-list for Fortigate 80 which announces things like new firmware?
16 REPLIES 16
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi, and welcome to the Forums! You' re right, there is no cross-reference from model to firmware version. Mainly because the firmware usually supports all current models and a lot of older ones. If you own one of the models that are already EOL' d then it' s not easy to find the latest available version. For the 80C which still is young and fresh, there are 3 branches: 3.0MR7, lastest patch 10 = build 754 and 4.0MR1 (a.k.a. 4.1), latest patch 9 = build 213 and 4.0MR2, latest patch 3 = build 303 (yes, I know, there is a 4.00 firmware as well..this is outdated by 4.1). Version 4 brought a lot of nice useable features (DLP, App Control, WAN Optimization and more) that v3 didn' t have, so I' d go with at least v4.1. It' s not (only) that 4.1 is older; it still has the green skin and the menus are placed where you' d expect them to be coming from v3.00. With 4.2, Fortinet changed the GUI a lot, sporting a silverish skin and different menus. Some features have been changed too, and some added. You' ll find all of this in the Release Notes with every published firmware which I seriously recommend to read before upgrading. As for firmware notification: if you log in into support.fortinet.com, and click Downloads/Firmware Images, on that page you' ll find instructions how to get onto their RSS feed. HTH.
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
horinius
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply. When I log in to support web site, all I see under Downloads is FortiGuard Service Updates and nothing else. So...?
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

...and you do have a valid support contract? When I pull down the ' Downloads' menu, I see -FortiGuard Service Updates -Firmware Images -Firmware Image Checksums -Beta Program If you click on https://support.fortinet.com/EndUser/FirmwareImages.aspx do you land on the Support Login page?
horinius
New Contributor

Yes, we' ve paid support contract to the company which sold us the device and the support. Is it the same?
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

So you haven' t ever registered on the Support site? To do that you need to enter the Fortigate' s serial number and/or the support contract ID. Maybe your vendor has done that for you and is running the unit under his account. Then you' ll get the firmware images from him. Registration has the added benefit of being able to obtain AV and IPS pattern updates. This is far more important than having the newest firmware version.
horinius
New Contributor

Our vendor has done for us. However, our vendor isn' t doing its job because we are having problem related to SSL VPN since June 2010 but there' s no solution since then. That' s why I had to check if it' s really true there' s no firmware update, and in order to do so, I had to register this forum to do it all myself. That' s really great: we pay for somebody and we still have to do their job. Could I ask Fortinet to kick our vendor out of its " agreed vendors" list so that other customers won' t have the same bad experience like us?
horinius
New Contributor

Is the DNS suffix problem in SSL VPN (cf http://support.fortinet.com/forum/tm.asp?m=61208) corrected in one of these firmware updates? TIA
Matthijs
New Contributor II

Your vendor can create an account for you on the fortinet website, and assign the contract to your account. You will then be able to download software images. Try switching vendor for the next service contract ;)
horinius
New Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion. We paid for a three-year contract last year, so it will end on mid-2013... *sigh* ...
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors