Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ireda1
New Contributor

Is FortiToken supported on Smart TV

Dears,

I can connect VPN from Smart TV, but when I enable FortiToken i have connection error.

10 REPLIES 10
adambomb1219
SuperUser
SuperUser

What smart TV?  Android TV?  I really doubt this is something Fortinet has tested or supports.  Why do you want to do this?  Why put a VPN agent on a smart TV?

hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @Ireda1,

What is the TV model? Did you install FortiClient on the TV? What is the error message? 

Regards, 

Markus_M
Staff
Staff

FTM should run on the TV if the TV is sporting an android based OS. The connection error will be important to know which app states that. FTM on answering FTM push, or FortiClient when starting VPN.

sw2090
Honored Contributor

As long as the TV requests your password for the VPN with each connection attempt you can always enter the token right after the password even if it is not explicitely asking for it. 

This works in every vpn client.  Just enter password+token to submit the token along with the password.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
sw2090
Honored Contributor

you just need to be able to get your token code. 

On IOS/Android you can install the App and import your token.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Ireda1
New Contributor

Dears,

I already installed Fortitoken agent and i receives the code, but after put the code and click ok, I face issue ---->"unable to establish the vpn connection. the vpn server may be unreachable"

Ireda1
New Contributor

Although if i used username and password, working normally

Markus_M

Not sure the VPN client (you didnt answer whether this is FortiClient or not) supports the 2nd factor well. As sw2090 mentioned, the password+token concatenation will work.
So instead of the two fields of the client

"user"
"passw0rd"

then OTP

"123456"

you enter

"user"
"passw0rd123456"

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Markus

Ireda1

Dears

Thanks for your reply

yes, it is forticlient.

but how can i do that, merge Password+Token.

is this need configuration on fortigate or forticlient, as when i enter username and password another tap appeared.

how can i inform FG that i will enter the password and token in same filed.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors