Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
torrington
New Contributor

Ipsec vpn from lan interface

Hello, I have two fortigate routers on two sites. Between the sites I have an antenna connection. I would like to create an ipsec vpn, but instead of using internet and wan interfaces, I would like to create the ipsec using the internal interface and create it inside this antenna connection. Is this possible? if yes, how can I achieve it?

Thanks.

1 Solution
Duncan
New Contributor III

Your problem is standard and solvable but you don't want to create the tunnel on a LAN interface. Use a private WAN interface (create them if needed) on each FG and assign point-to-point addresses. You can use any standard LAN IP scheme that you are not using in your LAN. Make the network very small. Like /30 (255.255.255.252). Make sure they can ping each other then setup the IP tunnel over that private WAN.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Duncan
New Contributor III

Your problem is standard and solvable but you don't want to create the tunnel on a LAN interface. Use a private WAN interface (create them if needed) on each FG and assign point-to-point addresses. You can use any standard LAN IP scheme that you are not using in your LAN. Make the network very small. Like /30 (255.255.255.252). Make sure they can ping each other then setup the IP tunnel over that private WAN.

torrington

Duncan, can thank you enough. You save me. Works like a charm.

Thank you very much.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors