Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
davey2k2
New Contributor

Ip DHCP Server Option 150

Hi,

I have a little question, I'm replacing a Cisco router with a Fortigate 300 D, I need to configure some DHCP servers, but a couple of networks are voice networks. That is why I need to activate option 150, I've done it before with FortiOS 5.0 and FortiOS 5.2 like this example:

onfig system dhcp server     edit 3         set forticlient-on-net-status disable         set default-gateway 10.15.x.x         set netmask 255.255.255.0         set interface "port36"             config ip-range                 edit 1                     set start-ip 10.15.x.x                     set end-ip 10.15.x.x                 next             end         set timezone-option default         set option1 150 'IP HEX OF MY '          set dns-server1 X.X.X.X         set dns-server2 X.X.X.X set netmask X.X.X.X     next end Now the option 150 doesn't appear, does anybody know how to do it in 5.4? Thanks a lot.

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

They changed the CLI for DHCP options with 5.4 because they added string and IP ub addition to hex now. It's now in a sub-section just like ip-range. Yet I have to test it myself but it would look like below and likely(hopefully) a correct way. Please let us know if it worked.

config dhcp server

edit 1

<snip>

config options

edit 1

set code 150

set type ip      <- if it's an IP. you can try string for URL (then change the next line to "set value")

set ip "x.x.x.x"

next

next

end

davey2k2

Hi Toshi,

It worked fine!!!, Thanks a lot.

Regards

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for letting us know. You must have figured out my typo :)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors