Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mebspace
New Contributor

IoT detection service expired

Hello,

We have recently renewed our firewalls.

The contract with bought services include: 

1 Year coverage for FortiGate 60E:

[ul]
  • Hardware Advanced HW
  • Firmware & General Updates
  • Enhanced Support 24x7
  • Telephone Support 24x7
  • Advanced Malware Protection
  • NGFW
  • Web & Video Filtering
  • AntiSpam[/ul]

Below you can see the entitlements, as they are displayed on forticloud: 

[ul]
  • Antispam
  • web & video filtering
  • NGFW
  • AMP
  • Telephone & Enhanced Support
  • Firmware & General Updates
  • Hardware.[/ul]

However IOT device detection service is expired, I think it's because it is a different service and must be bought seperately. It would be nice if you could confirm my thinking.

*This feature requires an IoT Detection Service license, which is part of the Enterprise and 360 Protection bundle, or can be purchased on its own.

References:

1) https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.4.0/new-features/981276/iot-detection-service

2) FortiGate-Firewalls/Licenses/Single-Security-Services/FC-10-0040F-231-02-12-Fortinet-IoT-Detection-Service-for-FortiGate-40F-Firewall-Renew-license-or-buy-initially-1-year.html

• 2 REPLIES 2
    Admin_FTNT
    Staff
    Staff

Marlen,

I would suggest you contact Fortinet Customer Service with this question - either create a Customer Service ticket through the Support Portal or contact via Chat or phone.

Members of the Forum will not be able to answer a question specific to your assets and contracts.

Regards, Admin.

lobstercreed

I can confirm your thinking.  As the admin suggested, you will want to discuss in further detail with your Fortinet sales team.  We have not subscribed to this service for our environment, but the various bundle levels have definite pros and cons.

Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors