Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AtiT
Valued Contributor

Invalid octet in UTF-8 sequence

Hello,

I have a problem with Fortigate 240D v5.2.2,build642 (GA).

Sometimes when I open firewall policies or user groups etc... I receive the following erros - see the attached image.

What is the problem and how to fix it?

AtiT

AtiT
2 Solutions
Irfan_Pathan
New Contributor III

Hi, 

This is a known issue on 5.2.2 and 5.2.3, the fix for it is available on 5.2.4. The bug ID is 0273255. 

solution is :  1. Install Script-runner extension in your chrome browser.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/scriptrunner/nilfinipmkbgemlbmohlildijohlniho?utm_source=c...

2. run jQuery when error page apears.  jQuery('#main').contents().find('div#notify-container').toggle()

see attached screenshot.

-Irfan Pathan

View solution in original post

sandeep_fgt

Thanks for the solution!!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Christopher_McMullan

Where are you looking to check on the bug? The partner portal?

Regards, Chris McMullan Fortinet Ottawa

Christopher_McMullan

Open a ticket to ask about the bug's status, if possible. The partner portal has a bug database, but the review process manually has to vet each case for sensitive (non-public) information before a post is made visible.

I was part of the review team at one time, when life was less hectic.

Regards, Chris McMullan Fortinet Ottawa

sandeep_fgt

Ohhk..Thnx for the information :)

Irfan_Pathan
New Contributor III

Hi, 

This is a known issue on 5.2.2 and 5.2.3, the fix for it is available on 5.2.4. The bug ID is 0273255. 

solution is :  1. Install Script-runner extension in your chrome browser.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/scriptrunner/nilfinipmkbgemlbmohlildijohlniho?utm_source=c...

2. run jQuery when error page apears.  jQuery('#main').contents().find('div#notify-container').toggle()

see attached screenshot.

-Irfan Pathan

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors