Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
maromero
New Contributor

Invalid FortiGuard category. Cannot have the same FortiGuard category in multiple filters

Hi,

I upgrade a cluster of FG200E to version v6.4.12. and when we created a Web Filter Profile and configure in Monitor, the FG shows us:

Invalid FortiGuard category. Cannot have the same FortiGuard category in multiple filters.
  • Error: the category 0 is already set in another filter id=155.

In some Web Filter Profile is configured fine but in other I can't change to "Monitor".

Could you help us?

5 REPLIES 5
asengar
Staff
Staff

Hi @maromero 

Thanks for your query.

You can configure multiple web-filter profile with the category you want.

I checked and tried to configure 2 web-filter profile with same categories and it is working as expected.

Kindly share the output of below command:

-------------------------------------------------------------

diagnose debug config-error-log read

Reference DOC:

------------------------

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Note-Unrated-FortiGuard-Web-filtering-category...

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Support-Forum/Problems-with-Local-Categories/td-p/150572?m=101305

Thanks

@bhishek
maromero
New Contributor

Hi,

This is the output:

diagnose debug config-error-log read
>>> "set" "type" "security-fabric-ranking" @ global.system.admin.aerium.gui-dashboard.2.widget.5:failed command (error -160)

Regards

maromero
New Contributor

Hi,

I identified the category which is in conflict. I disabled the custom category 155 and configure category 163 in mode monitor, safe and it's worked.

Thanks. Regards

srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

Category "0" means unrated sites, for which the configuration is as below without any categories, can you check if you have configured 2 such filters under one profile?

config filters
edit <xx>
set action block
next
end

show webfilter profile | grep "edit 155" -f    -> This command can help you to get the web-filter profile, please edit the same and check if there are multiple filters without a category.

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

ezperto
New Contributor

cli 

config webfilter profile
edit "default"

if you see any category number twice, you will get that error.  Delete the duplicate i.e the second "edit "number""

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors