Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Millibhu
New Contributor

Intrusion Protection Log show heartbeat information attack

Hi,

Is anyone know that what is this log mean

I'm encounter with this log in my fortigate 100D , I already enable IPS, AV, Web filtering. Is this attack need to worried ?

What should I do with me fortigate 100D

Thanks

Millibhu

14 REPLIES 14
Millibhu

Hi vjoshi_FTNT,

I was accidentally change the default IPS mode from Filter based to Specify signatures as below screenshot 

and the severity is gone , how could I change it back to Filter based

Thanks

Millibhu

vjoshi_FTNT

Try the below CLI:

FGT # config ips sensor FGT (sensor) # edit default FGT (default) # config entries FGT (entries) # edit 1 FGT (1) # unset rule FGT (1) # next FGT (entries) # end FGT (default) # end

And then look at the GUI, it should show the default type.

Millibhu wrote:

Hi vjoshi_FTNT,

I was accidentally change the default IPS mode from Filter based to Specify signatures as below screenshot 

and the severity is gone , how could I change it back to Filter based

[attachImg]https://forum.fortinet.com/download.axd?file=0;127244&where=message&f=default 2.jpg[/attachImg]

Thanks

Millibhu

Millibhu

Hi Vjoshi,

I already follow your instruction

This should be sufficient right

Thank for helping

Millibhu

vjoshi_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hello Millibhu,

If you have less firewall policy, a quick solution would be to create a new sensor and create filter based sensor with Signature defaults and replace the previous sensor with the new one on the Firewall policies.

vjoshi_FTNT
Staff
Staff

That looks to be good. Just monitor it and check the logs.

By the way, packet logging is not needed in this case.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors