Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
joseraymundo
New Contributor

Internet conection issue

This month I had problems with user authentication , they when they enter the internete in browser them a box where it asks username and password to put that
information almost all PCs have no problems but two when the user put appears and password subbmit give the message that there is no internet and displayed
them in the box where it appears coencxion a yellow triangle appears , verify the user -monitor and not the authenticated user and authenticate option is not
displayed, this happens to me in I have different Fortinet 80c , 60d , etc. This was not working well that 's what happened .. also change the dns in the fortinet and
the problem continues . Any suggestionThis month I had problems with user authentication , they when they enter the internete in browser them a box
where it asks username and password to put that information almost all PCs have no problems but two when the user put appears and password subbmit give the message
that there is no internet and displayed them in the box where it appears coencxion a yellow triangle appears , verify the user -monitor and not the authenticated user and
authenticate option is not displayed, this happens to me in I have different Fortinet 80c , 60d , etc. This was not working well that 's what happened .. also change the dns in
the fortinet and the problem continues . Any suggestionss
I tell him that today I had problems with some users when registering at the fortigate as 100 users approximately 4 are having problems paying your username and password,
they enter windows with your network password later to enter Internet must register to fortinet through the web page and then is output to the Internet,
I have 3 levels of users level 1 is free outlet to the Internet, Level 2 restricted and entitled to download pages, Level 3 where the most users and are restricted and
unable to download pages, and only with some Level 2 have trouble putting your username and password appears to them that they can not connect to the internet and
the log fortinet not appear to me that they have been registered and the problem was solved when I record with a score of Level 1 ,,,
what makes me weird is that not all Level 2 have the problem are just some ,,,, anyone who has any idea where he might be the incident since I've searched but nothing comes out

2 REPLIES 2
Mbutler522010
New Contributor

joseraymundo,

a few questions to help narrow down the problem.

how do you put people in the level 1,2,3? do you use tcp/ip addresses? groups in Active Directory? local accounts?

How do you authenticate the users? Is it local, RADIUS or Single Sign On (FSSO)?

How do you block the level 1,2,3 - proxy or do you have a separate rule for each group?

joseraymundo

Hi Mbutler522010

I assign multiple profiles on the fortinet , depending on the profile will be assigned the type of restriction on the Internet , 
users sign in with their AD user network when the user enters their username and password appears on page error connecting the website,
this only happens with 2 or 3 users per day, to fix have to give an IP release, i have a separate rule for each group.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors