Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Jim_FH
New Contributor III

Internet Service Database - 0 entries after upgrade to 6.2.7

We recently upgraded 4 Fortigates to 6.2.7 from 6.2.5 (following the recommended path:  first 6.2.6, then 6.2.7).  They are 2 x 1500D and 2 x 140E-POE. 

After the upgrade we noticed that every entry in the Internet Service Database had a "0" in the "number of entries" column.

We noticed this over 24 hours after the upgrade, and naturally, this caused an issue with traffic traversing policies using these entries.

I clicked the "Update AV & IPS Definitions" (System - Fortiguard) and after a few minutes, the entries seemed to re-populate, and everything seems back to normal.  This update is scheduled to run every 2 hours, so it must have run several times since the upgrade.  

I don't see any mention of this kind of issue in the release notes, has anyone else come across this?  I'll definitely be checking the Internet Service Database after every upgrade from now on.

2 REPLIES 2
AngelDelgado1243
New Contributor

Hello ¿Approximately how long it takes to update after pressing the "update av & IPS Definitions" button.? thank you

vsahu
Staff
Staff

Hello Jim_FH,

It is a known issue that is fixed in 6.2.8, It should have been added in the 6.2.6 release notes but it's not there it's in the 6.2.8 resolved issue notes.

ISDB is empty/crashes after upgrading from 6.2.4/6.2.5 to 6.2.6.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.2.8/fortios-release-notes/289806/resolved-issues

Regards,
Vishal
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors