Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
radiotech
New Contributor

Internal network VPN to internal remote office

Hello,

I am trying to setup my Fortigate 40F propperly to connect my laptop via VPN using Forticlient, to connect to a secondary network within my office.  We have 2 disparate networks in the same building for different functions, however I need to manage the second network from my office without having to always run to another floor to direclty access the servers on this 2nd network.  When setting up the fortigate I am getting confused on what to point each network to I guess.  Network one should be on the WAN side, then have network 2 I am trying to access via VPN on the Lan side, correct?

For network 2, I need then 2 IP's, one for the appliance and then one for the remote session when I access via VPN?

Sorry to ask basic questions, trying to figure this out as I go.

Thank You

3 REPLIES 3
Muhammad_Haiqal

Hi @radiotech ,

Your information is very general and solution depends on the network design that you deployed.

Its the best if you can provide network diagram with IP address so i can assist further.

Different scenario, different approach.

haiqal
radiotech
New Contributor

Sorry this has taken me so long, got the device powered up to try and configure today.  Here is a quick diagram of what I am trying to do.  Nothing special, just trying to get from one network to another using the 40F as a VPN box.  I got it working to the point I can login via the FortiClient app, but I cant seem to move past the box and actually work off the network I need to get to.

Drawing1.jpg

Muhammad_Haiqal

Hi @radiotech ,

Can you explain further which ip address you want to access?
What is the Forticlient IP you are getting?

haiqal
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors