Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
BrianT
New Contributor

Internal Storage Failing - Is this user replaceable?

I have a Fortigate 60C that suddenly seems to no longer see its internal storage. In the " System Resources" widget in the Status portion of the Dashboard, the " Disk Usage" dial has suddenly gone missing. I have switched my logging over to upload to FortiCloud in real time for the time being, but I was having issues a bit earlier today trying to get the firewall to display logs from FortiCloud earlier so I' d like to get log to disk working again. Is the internal storage something that is user replaceable? This unit isn' t even a year old yet and I' d prefer to not have to deal with a refurb unit already since I' m sure that' s what will happen if I have the hardware serviced by FortiNet. Thanks in advance for any info anyone can provide. P.S. Seeing the following errors in the event log, internal storage is toast: 1 16:28:26 EXT3-fs error (device sd(8,4)): ext3_get_inode_loc: unable to read inode block - inode=162954, block=327684 2 16:28:26 EXT3-fs error (device sd(8,4)) in ext3_orphan_add: IO failure 3 16:28:26 EXT3-fs error (device sd(8,4)) in ext3_reserve_inode_write: IO failure 4 16:28:26 EXT3-fs error (devoc: unable to read inode block - inode=15, block=4
10 REPLIES 10
VBO
New Contributor

Ralph1973 wrote:
Hello, I had the same issue with my privately purchased 60c, however hardware support had just stopped since 2 months, so I have a defective unit here and I am not able to replace the flash, since it sticks to the motherboard :-( Regards, Ralph Willemsen

We got us 60C flash disk corrupted after 1 years and Fortinet support don't hear me during 6 month when i saw this firewall had a very strange comportment and this is abnormal, having a hard issue for sure (this is not normal to have menu parts disappeared, to reboot firewall often, ... ) I clearly saw a degradation during months... 

A fortinet partner saying me he got same problems and be sure that's come from a Bad Flash QA lot.  He follow this information at fortinet, but fortinet never confess or confirm them.

Need Inverter ? http://www.studer-innotec.com
Need Inverter ? http://www.studer-innotec.com
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors