Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
admin_kshb
New Contributor

Internal SFP Check fail (FORTIMAIL)

Dear Community,

We have a Fortimail VM in our Network and activated SFP & DKIM.

So far so good, from external it works fine but internal we figured out some troubles.

Explanation:

Computer in Our Network with Powershell

send-mailmessage -to receiver@contoso.com -subject TestFromlab -from robert@microsoft.com -smtpserver mail.constoso.com

screenshot Outlook

admin_kshb_0-1655199106700.png

screenshot Fortimail Log

admin_kshb_2-1655199302214.png

The Fortimail Version: v6.4.6(GA), build459, 2021.12.09

Any Tipps where exactly the option is?

I controlled all Options dont found a solution

sry for my English

greetings Michael

hope is a good thing maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies
hope is a good thing maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @admin_kshb ,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,
gmichailidis
Staff
Staff

Dear @admin_kshb,

As you mentioned, the mail is sent from a computer in your network and the client IP in the logs is "10.99.1.106".

- In this case, the SPF will be skipped since the email is coming from a private IP address.
No SPF check is performed for direct connections from RFC 1918 private IP addresses.

Source:
Managing antispam profiles - https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortimail/7.2.0/administration-guide/352990/configuring-antispam-...

- Regarding the DKIM check, this should be performed if the message is signed with a valid signature.
You can verify if a received email is really signed by checking its header, where you will see a header similar to: "DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; d=example.com; [...]"

Sincerely,
Georgios Michailidis

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors