Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Worker
New Contributor

Internal Interface to WAN

Hi... I currently have two connections with my ISP. The objective is to migrate the network to the new link. In my network, I have the " internal" interface with IP 192.168.100.0/24 and within that interface have a " Guest" network 192.168.1.0/24 (i can see this in Network -> Interface) The objective is to move all the traffic from the Guest network to the new connection, leaving my internal network on the old link (for now). Now comes the problem. When I go to Network -> Interface, I have the internal network and the guest on the same interface. Even being in the same interface, I can make the Guest network to use the new WAN connection? How can i do this? Regards.
3 REPLIES 3
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Add a policy route with the source subnet as your guest network and interface, and point the traffic you want (by protocol/port) down the new ISP connection. Make sure you also have standard policies that allow that same traffic down the second pipe. Also, the routes have to be of equal length and must appear in the route monitor for this all to work.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
Worker
New Contributor

Well, i have this policy: From: Guest (192.168.1.0/24) To: NEW_LINK (Interface in WAN) Source: all Destination: all Schedule: Allways Service: Any But when i go to Policy Monitor, the interface does not appear. Note: Don' t know if this can be but the two connections that my ISP provides are on the same WAN interface! Is that the problem??
Worker
New Contributor

Sorry for double post, but anyone know?
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors