Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dmux
New Contributor

Intermittent WiFi

Hello,

I have a FortiWiFi60D device that's behaving rather strangely. I'm experiencing two issues, but I'm not sure if they're related.

The first issue is that WiFi drops intermittently throughout the day. It seems to happen right around lunch time when several of our laptops are scheduled to run their backups. I'd be surprised if these backups were completely saturating and crippling the wireless network, however. The next most often time the issue occurs is when someone comes into the office and connects to the WiFi. It seems that for every new connection made, the WiFi will drop for those previously connected. In regards to this issue, what's the best way for me to go about troubleshooting and collecting information? I was thinking about setting up some sort of traffic limiter so each node on the network can only take up so much bandwidth. Is this possible to achieve on my device?

The second issue is very similar to the first but only affects Macs that are connected to the WiFi. The Macs experience the same intermittent connectivity as described above, but more frequently.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors