Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
simonorch
Contributor

Intergration with third party products

Does fortiauthenticator intergrate with 3rd part products for 2 factor authentication? By that i mean, if i have an HTTPS page that requires authentication and the user credentials are connected to an LDAP database to which the fortiauthenticator is connected. Can i do 2 factor authentication without requiring a fortigate in front? ie. the 2FA portion of the authentication is passed back to the authenticator.

NSE8
Fortinet Expert partner - Norway

NSE8Fortinet Expert partner - Norway
2 REPLIES 2
Carl_Windsor_FTNT

ORIGINAL: simonorch Does fortiauthenticator intergrate with 3rd part products for 2 factor authentication?
FortiAuthenticator has several different options for integration with web applications or other 3rd Party solutions as of v.1.3: [ul]
  • Change the web app to use RADIUS Auth (e.g. Apache mod_RADIUS) to the FAC, FAC will do LDAP to your remote directory for the password and the the token PIN validation.
  • Change the Web App to do 2 separate authentications, LDAP (direct) for the password and a second RADIUS authentication to the FAC which can validate the Token PIN Only
  • Change the Web App to use the FAC REST API where you can validate the Token PIN only or Token PIN and Password. [/ul] Hope this helps. Should you need any further info, feel free to PM me. Carl Windsor Director, Product Management Fortinet
  • Dr. Carl Windsor Field Chief Technology Officer Fortinet

simonorch

Thanks Carl The system i want to intergrate with is lotus domino, which i understand doesn' t support radius, though does use ldap.

NSE8
    Fortinet Expert partner - Norway

NSE8Fortinet Expert partner - Norway
    Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors